Recommended for ages Key Stage 3 (ages 12+)
Multi-award winning Patrice Lawrence talks about her latest book Eight Pieces of Silva, her approach to creating characters and voice in her books and the importance of being able to see yourself reflected in what you read.
To download an education pack with resources for this event, click here.
If you have enjoyed this film, why not try these activities:
- Imagine you are riding on a bus. Make a list of the words and phrases that you would use to describe the people on the bus. Can you create a character using these words?
- Using these words, write two paragraphs from the point of view of your character as they are riding on the bus.
- What are they thinking or feeling at that moment?
- What are their fears, hopes, loves and hates?
- Draw a picture of the character you have created.