The 2018 Volunteer Programme is now live! To apply, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Check out the different volunteer roles available by downloading this document.
- Complete our quick and easy online application by clicking here.
Benefits for volunteers include:
- Free tickets to all BLF events whilst you are not on shift.
- Behind the scenes access to events that you are working including the possibility of meeting our incredible line-up of authors and guests.
- The opportunity to gain real skills in everything from team-work to customer service and event management.
- Fantastic networking opportunity! This is a chance to meet other young people working in paid positions in events/ arts/ culture throughout the region.
- A written reference provided by the Volunteer Co-ordinator that can be used in job and further education applications (dependent upon performance).
Please note: As a not-for-profit, we regret that we cannot provide travel or accommodation for volunteers.
For more information, please contact us at:
BLF is recruiting for Stage Managers to be responsible for the smooth running of events at various satellite venues during the festival period. This role would include coordinating volunteers, briefing guests, introducing events, ensuring events run to schedule and representing the festival in a professional manner. Click here to read the full job description.
BLF is recruiting Venue Managers to be responsible for the smooth running of events at various satellite venues during the festival period. This role would include coordinating volunteers, selling tickets on-site, collecting audience data and representing the festival in a professional manner. Click here to read the full job description.
Box Office Operator
BLF is recruiting Box Office Operators to be responsible for delivering excellent customer service both in person and over the phone across our range of Box Office Sites during the festival. This role would include acting as the first point of contact to all customers, dealing with general enquiries, selling tickets and representing the festival in a professional manner. Click here to read the full job description.
Join us at Comico 2018 – Bradford’s first dedicated comics and manga weekend – held at University of Bradford alongside the annual Bradford Literature Festival. Comico combines a traditional convention setup with specially curated events, exploring comic traditions from around the world including manga, graphic novels, science fiction and gaming.
Comico will include an ‘Artists’ Alley’ where authors, artists and comic creators can share and sell their work, as well as dedicated space for the sale of merchandise and collectables.
Click here to apply for a stall.