Please note: as part of our commitment to being an environmentally-ethical festival, we do not post out paper tickets as standard. Tickets will be sent via email and can be shown on a smartphone or other device at the event. You can also print these tickets at home if you would prefer.
- Tickets for Bradford Literature Festival events are sold on an individual event basis, therefore tickets must be purchased separately for each event that you wish to attend.
- Children under the age of two, who do not require a seat, do not require a ticket.
- Tickets must be shown to gain entry to your event. However, this does not need to be a paper ticket – we encourage guests to show e-tickets on their smartphone or other device.
Where and How to Book
- The easiest way to book for Bradford Literature Festival events all year round is via the festival website.
- During the main festival, if an event does NOT sell out in advance, the remaining tickets will be available on the door of the event within 30 minutes of the listed start time. Where possible, we strongly advise that you book in advance to avoid disappointment.
The price of tickets may vary and will be clearly stated against each individual event listing. All ticket prices are inclusive of VAT and booking fee.
For group bookings, including schools and community groups, please email:
Please let us know in advance if you have any specific access requirements by emailing:
Terms & Conditions
Refunds and Cancellations
Please ensure that all tickets are checked upon receipt. Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged.
If an event is cancelled, Bradford Literature Festival will announce the details as soon as possible and ticket-holders will be contacted by a member of the festival team via the email address/telephone number provided. Therefore, please ensure that all contact details are current and correct and make sure to check the website regularly for updates. Refunds will be issued within 28 days.
Please endeavour to arrive early where possible. We do not guarantee that latecomers will be admitted to an event once the event has started. Bradford Literature Festival reserves the right to refuse admission to any performance until a suitable break. Free events may have limited capacity and entry cannot be guaranteed so please arrive within plenty of time.
Filming and Photography
Please be advised that filming and/or photography will take place throughout the festival. The films/photographs taken may be used by the festival for marketing and communication purposes, including promotional materials, via social media channels and on our website. If you do not wish to be filmed or photographed, please collect a coloured sticker and/or lanyard from the Festival Hub, or at any of our event venues. If you are captured on camera wearing a sticker and/or lanyard, we commit to ensuring that your image will be blurred, removed or deleted to ensure your privacy.
Events and festival spaces are clearly signposted, to alert visitors to the fact that filming and/or photography will be taking place.
Children’s Policy/ Events for Children
Children under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible person over the age of 18 to all events. While Bradford Literature Festival maintains a child-protection policy we cannot act in loco parentis or take responsibility for an unsupervised child. We keep our prices as low as possible to allow for this. Any such person may accompany a maximum of six children to an event.