Bradford Literature Festival wouldn’t be possible without a group of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers. From the 30th June – 9th July, over 100 volunteers will help us run and deliver our festival. Whether you have a passion for literature and the arts, are looking to gain real working experience, or you’re simply an outgoing person looking for a fun way to spend your spare time, we want to hear from you!
- Free tickets to festival events*.
- The opportunity to see further events first hand as part of the festival staff.
- To gain real working experience in events management and the arts and culture industry.
- To be part of the team and to work on one of the UK’s most exciting and inspiring literary events.
- Must be over the age of 16.
- Free for at least five full shifts between the dates of 30th June – 9th July 2017**
- Available on Friday 16th June 2017 at 18:00 to attend volunteer induction at the University of Bradford.
- A team player, however must also be able to work well under own initiative.
- Reliable and dedicated to making Bradford Literature Festival the best literature festival experience in the UK.
*Subject to availability, excludes premium events.
**Full shifts will typically last 6 hours and will include ad-hoc breaks which will be at the discretion of the venue manager due the nature and timings of the events.
Venue Assistant – Apply Now
Venue assistants are key to the success of every event at the Bradford Literature Festival. The role will involve assisting the Venue Manager in all aspects of event co-ordination including greeting the audience, taking tickets, assisting with seating and audience requirements as well as a whole host of other tasks. This is an exciting role that may become pressured during busy events, therefore applicants who enjoy a bustling working environment and the opportunity to get stuck in will thrive in this position. Experience in customer service would be beneficial.
Festival Runner – Apply Now
Reporting directly to the core team, our Festival Runners are the problem solvers and key support network of the Bradford Literature Festival. This role is varied and can involve anything and everything from standing in for other volunteers and setting up events to transporting equipment and even escorting festival guests! Festival Runners are essential to the smooth running and operational success of the festival. This is an exciting and extremely busy role that will be pressured at times, therefore boundless energy and an ability to think on your feet are essential! (Spaces for this role are limited and fill up fast, therefore we recommend that volunteers also apply for the Venue Assistant position).
Guest Assistant – Apply Now
Stationed at one of our partner hotels, Guest Assistants will manage a dedicated guest liaison desk, assisting guest authors, speakers and artists. This will involve helping guests to check in, giving directions to festival venues and providing any information they may need on the festival, our events, or Bradford itself. Excellent customer service is required for this role as well as a good knowledge of Bradford city centre. A passion for arts and literature is also a must, as who knows which esteemed guests you might end up meeting! (Spaces for this role are limited and fill up fast, therefore we recommend that volunteers also apply for the Venue Assistant position).
For more information please contact our Volunteers Manager Jamie Cross