Recommended for ages Early Years and Key Stage 1 (ages 4+)
Hannah Lee is passionate about hair. Join her as she introduces and chats about My Hair, her lively debut picture book. Hannah chats about different hair styles and hair care in this brilliantly inventive and interactive session!
To download an education pack with resources for this event, click here.
If you have enjoyed this film, why not try these activities:
- Have a look at old photographs of your family. How many different hairstyles can you spot?
- You might like to try drawing a character from the book. Watch a video of the illustrator, Allen Fatimaharan, drawing the main character and her cat.
- In the video Allen starts drawing at 7 minutes
- You might like to create your own rainbow wig using crepe paper and a paper plate.
- Fold the paper plate in half and ask an adult to cut a hole for your head
- Attach strands of crepe paper around the edges with glue to create your rainbow wig